Last updated May 2018
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
Melza Ltd is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
What information do we collect?
• When you purchase from us at www.lindybopusa.com we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment details.
• If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
• If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
How do we use your personal information?
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
• To process your order including delivery, payment and returns.
• Online account holders require an email address and password to access their account.
• To send you special offers and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time.
• Any information we collect about customers' browsing and buying habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the Lindy Bop website and the products and services offered to our customers.
• To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
• Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Why do we contact you?
•If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our Contact List. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time – see below for more details.
•When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
•If using our click & collect service you will be notified by SMS when your order is ready to collect.
•We will also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
•If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
•We will contact you by email if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
•For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
What are your rights?
Right of access - You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to:
65 High Street
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We will without delay and within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):
•confirm what personal data we hold about you;
•provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic format if the request is made electronically.
•provide any supporting explanatory materials.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Data portability – in addition to your access right you can require us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Rights of Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten) You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or no longer necessary.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications through our online sign up form, when you create an account or during the checkout process. Simply tick the opt-in box at any of these stages.
Marketing communications may be sent by email. If you have an online account you can choose your preferences.
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
All Lindy Bop customers have the choice to refine or opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications.
The bit we cannot control…
Third party sites: Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
DP Melza Ltd
65 High Street